Field Visit Note: Aadhaar and Pastoralists
The Pastoralists and Aadhaar project is a study of how nomadic pastoralists interact with Aadhaar and are likely to benefit from, or be excluded by, Aadhaar.
The study proposes a detailed survey of individuals engaged in nomadic pastoralism as well as focus group discussions with members of nomadic pastoralist communities.
The surveys and focus group discussions are intended to be carried out in the three areas known to hold the heaviest concentrations of nomadic pastoralists in the country – Gujarat and Rajasthan, the Deccan plateau (spanning parts of Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra), and the northern cluster across Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal and Jammu and Kashmir.
The study was initiated on the ground with workshops in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, organised by the ISB-Sahjeevan team along with local partners in each state.
The purpose of the workshops was primarily to pilot the survey questionnaire and to identify specific locations (villages) where the survey and the group discussions could be carried out. The participants were nomadic pastoralists contacted and invited by the partner organisations.
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- Tax Evaders Will Be Tracked Through Aadhaar Card If They Spend More Than Rs 50,000 – Indiatimes.com
- UIDAI to Soon Select Adjudicating Officer for Inquiry in Contravention Cases – News18
- Violating SC rules, matrimonial site sells love, marriage using Aadhaar data – National Herald
- Biometric machines to be installed at rly stn for staff – Times of India
- Aadhaar new tax tool to keep tabs on big purchases – Hindustan Times
- The BJP’s Socialistic Conservatism – The New Indian Express
- Did You Know: Offline PF Claim Not Possible If Your Aadhaar And UAN Are Linked – Goodreturns
- Aadhaar Card Update On uidai.gov.in: How To Change Mobile Number, Address, E-Mail ID, Other Details Online – NDTV News