Authentication Failure in Aadhaar Enabled Public Distribution System (AePDS) of Andhra Pradesh (AP)
Public Distribution System (PDS) in Andhra Pradesh is Aadhaar enabled wherein for entitlement of benefits, the identity of the beneficiary is established by utilizing the ‘Aadhaar authentication framework’. The ‘Authentication’ takes place at the Fair Price Shop (FPS) where an individual eligible to receive the subsidized food grains is required to furnish the proof of possession of Aadhaar number and undergo Aadhaar authentication. The focus of this study is to examine the Aadhaar authentications of ration card holders in Andhra Pradesh for the first fortnight of December 2017.
The Aadhaar authentication attempts for 3.77 M ration cards were made in Andhra Pradesh’s PDS between 1st and 16th December 2017. Out of these, 94,030 ration cards failed Aadhaar authentication. The highest number of authentication failures occurred in the East Godavari district, with 14,307 authentication failures. The average authentication failure rate for the state (of all active cards) was 2.5%. Failure rates of four districts are above the state’s average, namely Vizianagaram (3.5%), East Godavari (3.1%), Vishakhapatnam (3.2%) and Srikakulam (3.1%).
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- Target of 20 lakh Aadhaar based PoS units not met due to supply crunch: Govt
- NPCI ask banks to stop Aadhaar-based payments through UPI and IMPS
- Remand prisoners set to get Aadhaar cards
- Consider Virtual ID And UID Token System As Aadhaar Numbers: UIDAI
- Virtual ID And UID Token Should be Deemed as Different Forms of Aadhaar Number: UIDAI
- Five Things To Know About Aadhaar Biometrics Lock Facility
- IAS, HCS officers in Haryana directed to register with Aadhar-enabled Biometric system
- FSS Launches eFinclusiv to Bridge Bharat Digitally