Authentication Failure in Aadhaar Enabled Public Distribution System (AePDS) of Andhra Pradesh (AP)
Public Distribution System (PDS) in Andhra Pradesh is Aadhaar enabled wherein for entitlement of benefits, the identity of the beneficiary is established by utilizing the ‘Aadhaar authentication framework’. The ‘Authentication’ takes place at the Fair Price Shop (FPS) where an individual eligible to receive the subsidized food grains is required to furnish the proof of possession of Aadhaar number and undergo Aadhaar authentication. The focus of this study is to examine the Aadhaar authentications of ration card holders in Andhra Pradesh for the first fortnight of December 2017.
The Aadhaar authentication attempts for 3.77 M ration cards were made in Andhra Pradesh’s PDS between 1st and 16th December 2017. Out of these, 94,030 ration cards failed Aadhaar authentication. The highest number of authentication failures occurred in the East Godavari district, with 14,307 authentication failures. The average authentication failure rate for the state (of all active cards) was 2.5%. Failure rates of four districts are above the state’s average, namely Vizianagaram (3.5%), East Godavari (3.1%), Vishakhapatnam (3.2%) and Srikakulam (3.1%).
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- North-East Briefcase
- Realities Beyond Hugs-n-Winks Optics
- Tripura launches Aadhaar-enabled biometric attendance system in Secretariat
- Aadhaar-enabled biometric attendance system introduced in Tripura
- Remove Aadhaar-based payments via UPI, IMPS by August: NPCI instructs banks
- UIDAI reviews Biometric Lock Aadhaar function as legal decision looms
- Lax state govt officials compromise UID data
- Aadhaar ‘Biometric Lock’ facility: All you need to know