Field Visit Note: Aadhaar and Pastoralists
The Pastoralists and Aadhaar project is a study of how nomadic pastoralists interact with Aadhaar and are likely to benefit from, or be excluded by, Aadhaar.
The study proposes a detailed survey of individuals engaged in nomadic pastoralism as well as focus group discussions with members of nomadic pastoralist communities.
The surveys and focus group discussions are intended to be carried out in the three areas known to hold the heaviest concentrations of nomadic pastoralists in the country – Gujarat and Rajasthan, the Deccan plateau (spanning parts of Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra), and the northern cluster across Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal and Jammu and Kashmir.
The study was initiated on the ground with workshops in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, organised by the ISB-Sahjeevan team along with local partners in each state.
The purpose of the workshops was primarily to pilot the survey questionnaire and to identify specific locations (villages) where the survey and the group discussions could be carried out. The participants were nomadic pastoralists contacted and invited by the partner organisations.
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- Aadhaar-user profile linking case: SC to hear FB’s plea – Mumbai Mirror
- ‘One nation one ration card’ in Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation areas from September 1 – The New Indian Express
- NEXT Biometrics CEO Anticipates ‘Hypergrowth’ in Biometric Smart Cards: Q2 Update – findBIOMETRICS
- Aadhaar Verification Will Ensure Farmers Get the Benefit Not Middlemen – Krishi Jagran
- Data privacy debate reopened: Apex court issues notice to Centre on Facebook plea – United News of India
- Election Commission writes to law ministry, seeks legal powers to collect Aadhaar numbers for cleaning up… – Firstpost
- Modi government is in preparation to give a big gift to farmers! – News Track English
- Govt plans to plug leakage in food procurement by mandating Aadhaar identification of farmers – Times Now