Field Visit Note: Aadhaar and Pastoralists
The Pastoralists and Aadhaar project is a study of how nomadic pastoralists interact with Aadhaar and are likely to benefit from, or be excluded by, Aadhaar.
The study proposes a detailed survey of individuals engaged in nomadic pastoralism as well as focus group discussions with members of nomadic pastoralist communities.
The surveys and focus group discussions are intended to be carried out in the three areas known to hold the heaviest concentrations of nomadic pastoralists in the country – Gujarat and Rajasthan, the Deccan plateau (spanning parts of Telangana, Karnataka and Maharashtra), and the northern cluster across Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal and Jammu and Kashmir.
The study was initiated on the ground with workshops in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh, organised by the ISB-Sahjeevan team along with local partners in each state.
The purpose of the workshops was primarily to pilot the survey questionnaire and to identify specific locations (villages) where the survey and the group discussions could be carried out. The participants were nomadic pastoralists contacted and invited by the partner organisations.
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- ‘Aadhaar celebrates contradictions of India, the card is only a motive’: director Suman Ghosh – Hindustan Times
- UIDAI Recruitment 2019: Last Date To Apply For Multiple Posts, Check Details – Odisha Television Ltd.
- Director Suman Ghosh: ‘Aadhaar’ celebrates contradictions of India – Times of India
- Aadhaar celebrates contradictions of India: Director Suman Ghosh – The Indian Express
- ”Aadhaar” celebrates contradictions of India: director Suman Ghosh – Outlook India
- Aadhaar Is A National Asset; Sharing Information May Affect Security Interests: CIC [Read Order] – Live Law
- ‘It is a big hoax’: Col. Mathew Thomas, one of the petitioners challenging the validity of Aadhaar – Frontline
- Targeted money transfers using Aadhaar: A way to steal elections – Frontline