Identity Management System (IMS) using Blockchain and IOT Technology
The architecture focuses upon secure and efficient management of confidential/personal identity data. This system integrates Inter Planetary File System (IPFS), Internet of Things (IoT) and Blockchain Technology. The user credential is securely stored in the blockchain and the nature of blockchain prevents unauthorised modifications. Confidential documents can be uploaded as scanned images into the immutable database called IPFS. This architecture also provides a digital locker for the user to store his/her data physically using his/her password from the blockchain using IoT technology.
Steps for creating IMS:
1. The user registers by providing his/her basic details like username, address, phone, password etc., which is stored in Blockchain, to be accessed later.
2. The user can login using his/her username and password, which is cross-checked with data stored in Blockchain (provided at the time of registration). Depending on the match or mismatch, the user is given access or rejected respectively.
3. On logging in, the user can upload scanned images of documents, which are stored in IPFS, with corresponding hash code stored in the Blockchain.
4. Authenticity of the documents are validated using Digital Signature. The user can view his/her documents using the hash code.
5. The user can keep the hard copies of documents in a physical vault by entering his/her username and password on the keypad provided on the vault, which are verified with the one stored in Blockchain, thus integrating it with IoT; and by placing one’s finger on the fingerprint scanner.
LATEST NEWS ON AADHAAR
- Attention SBI customers: You need to do this NOW or else you won’t be able to do any bank transactions – Daily News & Analysis
- What Enables the State to Disregard the Right to Privacy? – Economic and Political Weekly
- Why Aadhaar needs to be resurrected – ETtech.com
- Fingerprint Cards Looks to Expand Reach with New Partnership – findBIOMETRICS
- FPC accelerating biometric adoption in digital identity, fintech and IoT markets – Biometric Update
- Fingerprint Module Market Emerging Technologies, Size, Share and Sales Forecast to 2023 – News Blog
- Amarinder seeks passport waiver for Kartarpur pilgrims – The Tribune India
- Shivashish Chatterjee, Co-Founder & Joint MD, DMI, On How Digital Lending Is Changing The Way Loans Are Accessed And Consumed – Inc42 Media
UPCOMING DIRI EVENTS
ISB is pleased to announce the “call for proposals” for the DIRI Research Fellowship. The fellowship offers you an opportunity to study the impact of Aadhaar. Who is eligible to apply? Individuals based in: Academic and research institutions Research oriented NGO’s and think tanks Internet and print media houses What do you gain? Training and mentorship in research design andFind out more »